Benefits of Prenatal Massage:
- First and foremost, prenatal massage makes you feel good. It nurtures
and pampers the body at a time when it needs it most. In addition to
soothing the body and dissolving stress, a trained touch delivers a
wide range of psychological and emotional benefits.
- It's a safe and relaxing way to relieve pregnancy's common discomforts
like backaches, carpal-tunnel syndrome, leg cramps and shakes, headaches,
heartburn, fatigue, hemorrhoids, nasal congestion, sciatica and shortness
- Prenatal massage does more than benefit the mother. Everything a pregnant
woman does — from her diet and fitness to her relaxation and relative
state of contentment - also directly affects the child she is carrying.
Study after study has proven that calmness in the mother leads to healthier
- Regular prenatal massage can help prepare you for labor by making
the pelvis more supple.
- Just like a regular massage, prenatal massage:
- improves circulation
- aids lymphatic flow
- removes toxins
- promotes relaxation
- raises endorphin levels
- eases neck, back and joint pain
- relieves muscle spasms and cramps